P 6: JUDICIARY, Judicial interpretation of statutes and rules
JUDICIARY, Judicial interpretation of statutes and rules; Section 21 of Article V of the State Constitution to require a state court or an administrative law judge to interpret a state statute or rule de novo in litigation between an administrative agency and a private party and not merely defer to the administrative agency’s interpretation.
Location: In committee (SD)
Proposal Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judicial; Executive
• On Committee agenda-- Judicial, 11/02/17, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• Favorable by Judicial; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Now in Executive
• On Committee agenda-- Executive, 02/02/18, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• Favorable by- Executive; YEAS 6 NAYS 1
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/19/18
• Committed to Style and Drafting
• Now in Style and Drafting
• On Committee agenda-- Style and Drafting, 04/03/18, 1:00 pm, 102 House Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida --Amendment(s) Adopted - Temporarily Postponed
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed Proposal should be consulted as the official documents of the CRC.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the proposal text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the proposal text will open to the first page.