P 42: JUDICIARY, Vacancies; judicial nominating commissions
JUDICIARY, Vacancies; judicial nominating commissions; Section 11 of Article V and create a new section in Article XII of the State Constitution to specify the composition of judicial nominating commissions, to establish terms of membership on a commission, and to require appointing authorities to the commissions to consider diversity in making appointments.
Location: Laid on Table
Proposal Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judicial; Executive
• On Committee agenda-- Judicial, 01/19/18, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• Favorable by Judicial; YEAS 6 NAYS 1
• Now in Executive
• On Committee agenda-- Executive, 02/02/18, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• Unfavorable by Executive, laid on Table; YEAS 3 NAYS 4
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed Proposal should be consulted as the official documents of the CRC.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the proposal text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the proposal text will open to the first page.