CS/P 72: FINANCE AND TAXATION, Supermajority vote required to impose, authorize, or raise state taxes or fees
PROPOSAL by Finance and Taxation ; Fred Karlinsky ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Darlene Jordan ; Rich Newsome ; Jose Felix Diaz ; Tom Grady ; Marva Johnson ; Gary Lester ; Frank Kruppenbacher ; Chris Nocco ; Tom Lee ; Jeanette Nuñez ; Timothy Cerio ; Belinda Keiser
FINANCE AND TAXATION, Supermajority vote required to impose, authorize, or raise state taxes or fees; a new section in Article VII of the State Constitution to provide that no state tax or fee may be imposed, authorized, or raised by the legislature except through legislation approved by two-thirds of the membership of each house of the legislature and presented to the Governor for approval; providing for applicability; providing definitions; requiring any tax or fee imposed or raised under this section to be contained in a separate bill that contains no other subject.
Location: Withdrawn from consideration
Proposal Text: Web Page | PDF
- Finance and Taxation (FT)
• Referred to Finance and Taxation
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Taxation, 12/12/17, 8:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• CS by- Finance and Taxation; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/19/18
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Withdrawn from further consideration
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed Proposal should be consulted as the official documents of the CRC.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the proposal text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the proposal text will open to the first page.