P 6002: First Responder and Military Member Survivor Benefits; Public Colleges and Universities
PROPOSAL by Style and Drafting ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Carlos Beruff ; Pam Bondi ; Lisa Carlton ; Erika Donalds ; Emery Gainey ; Tom Grady ; Brecht Heuchan ; Marva Johnson ; Darlene Jordan ; Fred Karlinsky ; Belinda Keiser ; Frank Kruppenbacher ; Tom Lee ; Rich Newsome ; Chris Nocco ; Jeanette Nuñez ; Sherry Plymale ; Pam Stewart ; Carolyn Timmann ; Nicole Washington
First Responder and Military Member Survivor Benefits; Public Colleges and Universities; A proposal to amend Section 7 of Article IX of the State Constitution to establish minimum vote thresholds for university boards of trustees and the board of governors to impose or authorize a new fee or increase an existing fee, as authorized by law; create Section 8 of Article IX of the State Constitution to specify the purposes of the State College System and to provide for the governance structure of the system; and create a new section in Article X of the State Constitution to establish the right of survivors of specified first responders and military members to death benefits.
Location: Filed with Secretary of State
Proposal Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Style and Drafting
• On Committee agenda-- Style and Drafting, 04/05/18, 10:00 am, 102 House Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida -- Submitted as Committee Proposal; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• On Committee agenda-- Style and Drafting, 04/06/18, 9:00 am, 102 House Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida --Meeting cancelled
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Reports of Committees Calendar, 04/16/18
• Adopted; YEAS 30 NAYS 7
• Filed with Secretary of State
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed Proposal should be consulted as the official documents of the CRC.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the proposal text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the proposal text will open to the first page.