P 6003: School Board Term Limits and Duties; Public Schools
PROPOSAL by Style and Drafting ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Patricia Levesque
School Board Term Limits and Duties; Public Schools; A proposal to amend Section 4 of Article IX and create a new section in Article XII of the State Constitution to establish a limitation on the period for which a person may be elected as a member of a district school board; to specify which schools are operated, controlled, and supervised by a school board; and to create a new section in Article IX of the State Constitution to require the Legislature to provide for the promotion of civic literacy in public education.
Location: Final Passage
Proposal Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Style and Drafting
• On Committee agenda-- Style and Drafting, 04/05/18, 10:00 am, 102 House Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida -- Submitted as Committee Proposal; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• On Committee agenda-- Style and Drafting, 04/06/18, 9:00 am, 102 House Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida --Meeting cancelled
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Reports of Committees Calendar, 04/16/18
• Adopted; YEAS 27 NAYS 10
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed Proposal should be consulted as the official documents of the CRC.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the proposal text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the proposal text will open to the first page.