P 6006: Property Rights; Removal of Obsolete Provision; Criminal Statutes
PROPOSAL by Style and Drafting ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Erika Donalds
Property Rights; Removal of Obsolete Provision; Criminal Statutes; A proposal to amend Section 2 of Article I of the State Constitution to remove a provision authorizing laws that regulate or prohibit the ownership, inheritance, disposition, and possession of real property by aliens ineligible for citizenship; amend Section 9 of Article X of the State Constitution to provide that the repeal of a criminal statute shall not affect the prosecution of any crime committed before such repeal; and amend Section 19 of Article X of the State Constitution to delete an obsolete provision regarding the development of a high speed ground transportation system.
Location: Filed with Secretary of State
Proposal Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Style and Drafting
• On Committee agenda-- Style and Drafting, 04/05/18, 10:00 am, 102 House Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida -- Submitted as Committee Proposal; YEAS 10 NAYS 0
• On Committee agenda-- Style and Drafting, 04/06/18, 9:00 am, 102 House Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida --Meeting cancelled
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Reports of Committees Calendar, 04/16/18
• Adopted; YEAS 36 NAYS 1
• Filed with Secretary of State
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed Proposal should be consulted as the official documents of the CRC.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the proposal text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the proposal text will open to the first page.