PUBLIC PROPOSAL FILING DEADLINE (UPDATE): Following Hurricane Irma, the CRC is reevaluating its public proposal filing deadline. We continue to accept all proposed constitutional amendments submitted by Floridians.
PUB 700035: To Allow Felons to Keep Right to Vote by Carlos Gamez
ARTICLE VI: SUFFRAGE AND ELECTIONS, Section 4. Disqualifications.
- No person
convicted of a felony, oradjudicated in this or any other state to be mentally incompetent, shall be qualified to vote or hold office of civil rights orremoval of disability.
- No person may appear on the ballot for re-election to any of the following offices:
- Florida representative,
- Florida senator,
- Florida Lieutenant governor,
- any office of the Florida cabinet,
- U.S. Representative from Florida, or
- U.S. Senator from Florida
if, by the end of the current term of office, the person will have served (or, but for resignation, would have served) in that office for eight consecutive years.