PUBLIC PROPOSAL FILING DEADLINE (UPDATE): Following Hurricane Irma, the CRC is reevaluating its public proposal filing deadline. We continue to accept all proposed constitutional amendments submitted by Floridians.
PUB 700044: Automatic Restoration of Voting Rights for Former Felons Who Have Completed Theis Sentence by Bonnie Daniels
ARTICLE VI: SUFFRAGE AND ELECTIONS, Section 4. Disqualifications.
- No person convicted of a felony, or adjudicated in this or any other state to be mentally incompetent, shall be qualified to vote or hold office until restoration of civil rights or removal of disability.
- No person may appear on the ballot for re-election to any of the following offices:
- Florida representative,
- Florida senator,
- Florida Lieutenant governor,
- any office of the Florida cabinet,
- U.S. Representative from Florida, or
- U.S. Senator from Florida
if, by the end of the current term of office, the person will have served (or, but for resignation, would have served) in that office for eight consecutive years.